Here you'll find everything we know about the small aquatic plants called Duckweeds (Lemnaceae family), and
- their many incredible applications in wastewater treatment, animal feed and product generation,
- the ongoing research,
- a few basic references.
Community and Interactions
If you are interested, or want to share, exchange, show, and/or discuss your experience/results:
- International Conference of Duckweed Research and Applications (next one in mid 2015, Kyoto, Japan)
- ILA mailing list
- some People and Institutes and Organizations working on/with Duckweed.
Want to help with the Lemnapedia? -> Write to Eduardo Mercovich
The organizations that support this work are:
- the International Steering Committee on Duckweed Research and Applications (ISCDRA),
- the International Lemna Association (ILA).
Most of the starting information for this site was graciously provided by John Cross from his famous site, "The Charms of Duckweed" (http://www.mobot.org/jwcross/duckweed/duckweed.htm), for what we will be always in debt with him.
Also, the whole area was influenced by the late Prof. Dr. Elias Landolt (1926-2013) from the Eidgenoessisch Technische Hochschule (ETH) Zurich, Switzerland (cf. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced/doi/10.1111/> plb.12248/).