Here you'll find everything we know about the small aquatic plants called Duckweeds (Lemnaceae family), and
- their many incredible applications in wastewater treatment, animal feed and product generation,
- the ongoing research,
- a few basic references.
Community and Interactions
If you are interested, or want to share, exchange, show, and/or discuss your experience/results:
- come to the International Conference of Duckweed Research and Applications (next one on 23~26th October 2017, in Periye, Kerala, India)
- participate in the ILA mailing list
- read (and propose articles) the Duckweed Forum magazine,
The organizations that support this work are:
- the International Steering Committee on Duckweed Research and Applications (ISCDRA),
- the International Lemna Association (ILA).
Most of the starting information for this site was graciously provided by John Cross from his famous site, The Charms of Duckweed for what we will be always in debt with him.
Also, the whole area was influenced by the late Prof. Dr. Elias Landolt (1926-2013) from the Eidgenoessisch Technische Hochschule (ETH) Zurich, Switzerland (cf. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced/doi/10.1111/> plb.12248/).