The general objective is to integrate all the Lemna related information to facilitate the realization of the Duckweed potential for Humanity in particular, and Life in general.
Specific objectives are:
- show the field state of the art and what’s happening (see research),
- integrate & categorize publications,
- educate and raise awareness about the Duckweed potential (see applications),
- facilitate the cross fertilization between research & applications (industry),
- serve as a platform to define and discuss current challenges and how to overcome them.
- Serve as an umbrella to help coordinate related organizations actions and events.
How to participate
If you are interested, thank you! :) Simply write to Eduardo Mercovich to arrange how to start helping.
The Lemnapedia started in August 2013, after the 2nd International Conference of Duckweed Research and Applications, when a few started discussing how to help to lo lower the entrance barrier to the field, while at the same time educate the general public about the potential of Duckweed.
The installation and first drafts where done in December 2013.